1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site and the products and services of Zoppar (collectively, the “Services“), including:
- Information by which you can be personally identified, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, and phone number (“Personal Information“). The specific Personal Information that we collect depends on the type of Services that you may be using; and
- Information, which does not identify you (“Technical Information“). We collect this Technical Information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site (e.g., usage details); and
- from third parties, for example, our partners.
- Information You Provide to Us. In the course of using the Services, you may provide us with information about yourself, including, but not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, responding to surveys, creating an account, subscribing to the Services, posting material, communicating with our personnel, sending, receiving, or engaging with messages, requesting further services, entering a contest, taking part in a promotion, or reporting a problem.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
- User Contributions, i.e., you may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“).
- If you authorize Zoppar to connect your account to the account of a “Connected Site” (e.g., Facebook or Google), we may be able to access information you have provided to the Connected Site, such as content information, timeline feeds, contact and follow lists, network statistics, and updates regarding your Connected Site account.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and the resources that you access and use on our Site or the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, operating system and browser type, device identifier (“UDID”) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Location-based information for the purpose of setting up your job search preferences.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To administer our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you need depending on the type of Services you use.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site, products or services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To diagnose service or technical problems, troubleshooting, analyzing how our Services are used, personalizing content for you, providing the end service to you (which may include sharing certain information with third-party vendors and service providers) and to respond to any inquiries that you may have.
- To improve our Site and the Services by enabling us to store information about your preferences, allowing us to deliver a more personalized service to you; speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to the Site.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent or which we, in our sole discretion, choose in order to deliver the Services.
IMPORTANT: Any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for public posting to our Services, such as User Content, becomes available to the public and may be accessed, used and stored by others around the world. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive personal information or any other information that you would not want to be made public to any other Site or application or to a public website. You should never provide your social security number, national insurance number, financial information, passport number, and other sensitive information.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information. We may share or disclose your Personal Information with selected third parties, including:
- Companies with which we are affiliated, including but not limited to those within our corporate family.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- Law enforcement agencies; we fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zoppar, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we believe that such action is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities (including instances where we suspect a User has uploaded any content that is infringing).
- Third-party vendors who we use to support our business and help provide end services to you, including, but not limited to, credit card processing and other billing service providers, customer service providers, messaging service providers, and email service providers. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate certain features of our Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- Prospective employers and other entities if you respond to a job advertisement or have opted-in to our Resume Database. Note: to the extent that you have an account with Zoppar, please ensure that the resume associated with your account is up-to-date so when you apply for a job on a Zoppar website, the employer receives your most recent resume. You will have an account with Zoppar if you opened an account yourself, signed up for job alerts, submitted your resume to the resume database, and/or applied for a job on the Zoppar website.
- Upon your authorization, the Services may also post information directly to your account with Zoppar.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score if this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- With prospective employers or other entities if you add your resume to the Resume Database.
- With prospective employers and other entities and/or with their external Applicant Tracking System or similar external system used by such companies to manage responses to their job postings.
- From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) on our Services together with a third-party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
- For any other purpose with your consent or which we, in our sole discretion, choose in order to deliver the Services.
- Technical Information. We may share Technical Information including but not limited to usage data and demographics, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, and number of clicks with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Zoppar services or to drive product engagement with other Users of the Services.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect any Personal Information we process about you. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and credit or debit card data will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed; and
- any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and keep your account information secure. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards.
5. PUBLIC FORUMS
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Passive Information. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- Tracking Across Third-Party Websites. Some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain website browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. The Services does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals on your browser. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- Push Notifications. We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA (FEATURES) AND WIDGETS
8. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION INCLUDING MARKETING PREFERENCES
You may decline to submit Personal Information through our Services, in which case Zoppar may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update, delete inaccuracies, or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging into your account and selecting email/password.
We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. Please note, since we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups. We also reserve the right to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to contact you via email, click “Unsubscribe” in any e-mail communications we send you. You cannot opt-out of Services-related notices. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, offers, or new features or functionality.
9. WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Zoppar does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to use the Services. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to Zoppar or on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
12. NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES
13. ZOPPAR AS A DATA PROCESSOR
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Zoppar.
Zoppar acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. With respect to Personal Information provided by a client of ours (e.g., where we send job alert emails to job seekers on behalf of that client), we collect such information under the direction of that client and have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information we process. If you are a customer of such a Zoppar client and would no longer like to be contacted by such client, please contact the client directly. If you seek access or want to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, you must direct your request to that Zoppar client (the data controller). If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by our service agreements with our Clients.
We will retain Personal Information that we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. Zoppar will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and in accordance with our internal record keeping policies.
If you have questions about your User account, your subscription plan, job alerts, applications to Job Advertisements, or any other Services-related questions, please contact Customer Service by email at email@example.com